Disneyland Paris Magic Run Weekend Welcomes More Than 20,000 Runners Including Michelle Heaton, Jenni Falconer and Paula Radcliffe
TV and Radio personalities Michelle Heaton and Jenni Falconer were amongst the thousands of runners who took part in the Disneyland Paris Magic Run Weekend, successfully completing the Half Marathon race on Sunday morning while being cheered on by their families. Michelle and Jenni were also joined by British athlete and ladies marathon world record holder Paula Radcliffe, official ambassador for the event for the second year in a row and also participated in the weekend races
Making the most of their trip to the French resort, Michelle and Jenni were able to experience some of the thrills and magical entertainment that Disneyland Paris has to offer. The duo enjoyed watching Disney Illuminations, a new nighttime spectacular recently launched to mark Disneyland’s 25th Anniversary, and were spotted dancing along with their favourite Disney characters during Disney Stars on Parade, which is also new for this milestone year.
Mickey Mouse stopped by in his running attire to take pictures with Michelle and Jenni, giving them some last-minute motivation before the big event.
“It’s not every day you get to run around Disneyland Paris before the gates open to the public. I can’t recommend the Disneyland Paris Half Marathon enough, it’s possibly one of the most exciting half marathons I’ve had the opportunity to run. Along the way you get to stop, meet and have pictures taken with iconic Disney characters. You also run through Sleeping Beauty Castle and past the crowds cheering you on along Main Street. Some runners really get into the Disney spirit too, dressing up as their favourite characters… Brilliant atmosphere, fab location and a truly memorable race all topped off with an impressive medal as you cross the finish line. I’ll be back next year!” – Jenni Falconer
“I’m so lucky this is my second year running the Disneyland Paris Half Marathon. I didn’t think it could be any better than last year but it succeeded. The course, the photo opportunities, the music and dancing was even bigger and better. Dressing up as Minnie Mouse was so much fun and I can’t wait to think of an even better fancy dress costume for next year. There’s no better place in the world to do a half marathon – it’s the most magical place where dreams really do come true” – Michelle Heaton
Fun facts from the 2017 Disneyland Paris Magic Run Weekend:
- 20,030 runners, aged 1 to 82 took part in the Disneyland Paris Magic Run Weekend second edition, representing over 40 different nationalities and nearly 5,000 additional runners compared to last years’ first edition
- 1,069 children between the ages of 1 and 12 participated in the runDisney Kids Races
- 5,364 people of all ages participated in the 5K, which was for the first time ran at night
- The new-for-this-year 10K race drew in 6,462 runners on Saturday morning
- 7,135 runners participated in the Disneyland Paris Val D’Europe Half Marathon on Sunday
- Over100 Disney Characters were on hand throughout the weekend to cheer on runners in the parks
- Over 1,500 volunteers supported during the Disneyland Paris Magic Run Weekend
- 70,354 water bottles and 21,800 bananas were handed out during the Disneyland Paris Magic Run Weekend
- 7,250 metres of fences and 2,000 traffic cones were used to secure the race courses
After the great success of this edition, the Disneyland Paris Magic Run Weekend will return in 2018 on September 20 – 23! For more information, please visit: http://run.disneylandparis.com/bookings
The 2018 event will include exciting race events and entertainment, including:
- The runDisney Kids Races – magical races for apprentice runners
- Disneyland Paris 5K – takes place at night with stars in the skies
- Disneyland Paris 10K – allows participants to run with friends or family throughout the Disney Parks
- Disneyland Paris – Val d’Europe Half Marathon – the most enchanting of the half-marathons
Disneyland Paris Magic Run Weekend is the only international race in runDisney’s nine-race series that encompasses Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort and Disneyland Paris. For more information about runDisney, visit www.runDisney.com
About the Disneyland Paris Magic Run Weekend
A lot more than just a weekend of races, the Disneyland Paris Magic Run Weekend is four days of sports and entertainment in the unique world of Disney.
Amongst friends or with family, everyone can enjoy the magic of Disneyland Paris during the weekend with races for adults, as well as children, a Health & Wellness exhibition, a pasta party, and many other activities. And of course, let’s not forget that all the Disney Park attractions are open all weekend too.
runDisney, one of the largest race organizers in the nation, hosts a series of nine event weekends providing runners unique opportunities to run various distances through Disney theme parks. Race participants earn Disney-themed medals, experience legendary Disney entertainment and guest service and ultimately celebrate their accomplishments with a Disney vacation. Plus, runners can engage with guest speakers, check out cutting-edge running gear and purchase official race merchandise at the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo. More than 200,000 running enthusiasts participate in runDisney events each year. For more information, visit www.runDisney.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.